Wednesday 8 August 2012

Stampendous Roses

I decided to use this fabulous large Roses set by Stampendous for my Demo instore last Thursday as I feel that often folk are a little shy of using bloomin' great stamps...and these are!  I love the cling rubber style stamps asyou have the best of all - hand cut rubber dies, mounted onto a cushion for easy stamping - easy to use and easy to store.  My favourite.  Stampendous have lots of lovely large sets (£13.20) for 2 large stamps - lots in stock at Japonica -with even more samples to see.
The thing you have to remember with using  a large stamp is to inkup well with a good inkpad -my favourtes are Brilliance or Versafine as both give good detail. 

    I used Onyx Black Versafine and embossed my outline with clear embossing powder first of all.   I printed the same image onto cream SHRINKLES using a black Stazon inkpad.  For colouring I used sponge dauber to pick up ink from ikpad and sponge gently onto both card and cream Shrink plastic as I used BRILLIANCE  Rocket red gold and Pearlscent Olive - both of these will dry on both surfaces and will ensure the colours match when used together on a card like this.  The colouring effect was a soft haze of colour rather than precise colouring-in - very easy to do with a little practise.
The roses on this Funny fold card were printed as before and embossed. I used Pearl paints -A Mica Pallette -Pastelle (by US Artquest), for the colouring, layered onto pink Pearl card and then onto the main card of Ivory pearl. The colours I used were a pastel pink and a grey green for the leaves.  All of this Pearl gives a very luxurious finish. This card was made from an A4 size card and will need a DL envelope.
 This a colour variation on the above card -just to show how you could use the same rose -but create 3 different panels for a smaller card (A5).  I used more bronze & golden tones with sage greens for this card.  All of the colours came from the same palette of pearl paints!  The wording stamp (Love is Patient...) is by Hobby Art and makes a lovely background to these rose anniversary cards. This is also available as a cling rubber stamp now at £5.50.

1 comment:

  1. Jan this is so pretty!! Beautiful job on this fantastic card. Love how you've just shown parts of the roses on the panels, the Jumbo stamps are so good for that! Thanks so much for using Stampendous products.

    ReplyDelete